Where And When
- Saturday and Sunday, September 29th-30th, 2017. 8am - 6pm
- Jim Richards Room, Pukekohe Park Raceway, Auckland, NZ
- You can also meet us at the CRC Speedshow July 22nd-23rd ASB Showgrounds, Auckland (NZ)
NZD 1000.00 + GST per person including:
- Course material
- Snacks and beverages
- Personal tutoring
- Access to REA knowledge-base for 12 months
- Access to REA race engineering network (for suitable applicants)
- NZD 800 + GST student discounted price available for currently enrolled students
- Early bird price NZD 850 + GST if you register and pay before August 21st, 2017.
This course serves as an introduction to the various topics covered by the Race Engineering Academy. Attendees will learn important engineering skills such as racing car setup, vehicle dynamics and data acquisition, as well as management topics such as team management, driver coaching and record keeping.
The course will end with attendees applying their race engineering skills using a driver-in-the-loop simulator.
We have compressed five days worth of courses into only two days so there is a lot of value in this course. Be prepared to enjoy learning.
This course is aimed at enthusiasts of vehicle performance and anyone interested in learning the skills for their personal or professional benefit. The course is designed to progressively introduce the engineering and management skills relevant to the role of Race Engineering.
Topics Covered(click here
for pdf version)
The role of the Race Engineer
• Team Manager
• Chassis Engineer
• Data Analyst
• Driver Coach
• Historian and Record Keeper
Introduction to Vehicle Dynamics
• Parameters of the Racing Car
• Mass Distribution
• Weight Transfer
• Tyre Mechanics
• Factors Affecting Grip
• EXTRA: Calculating required spring and damping rates
Racing car Setup
• Vehicle Handling Model
• Car Setup Framework
Introduction to Data Analysis
• Driver Performance
• Chassis Performance
• Work through VBOX /Circuit Tools Examples
• Work through MoteC Examples
• EXTRA: Damper data analysis
• How to setup a car in the simulator
• Practice as a race engineer
• Practice data analysis
• Learn a car through "feel"